Full Name: GREATER SAINT JOHN CHINESE CULTURAL ASSOCIATION
The Association is approved by and registered under the Canadian government as a non-political, non-religious, and non-profit organization.
- Promotes mutual love and support among the Chinese community members; helps new Chinese immigrants understand and adapt to local culture and life; helps to safeguard the rights and interests of the members in the local community.
- Promotes Chinese culture, actively organizes and participates in local social activities and other multicultural activities, and expand the positive influence of the Chinese community in the Saint John region.
- Organizes Chinese cultural and educational courses.
Any one who is living in Saint John and its surrounding areas, and loves Chinese culture, recognizes and abides by this constitution may apply to become a member.
Member rights: rights to participate in all activities of the Association; the members must be above 18 years of age to have the rights to vote and to be voted; rights to propose and supervise the conducts of business affairs of the Association.
Membership Obligations: the members shall abide by and perform the constitution of the Association, implement the resolutions of this board, and pay membership fees annually.
Individual/Student: $10 CAD/per year per individual
Family: $20 CAD/per year per family
V. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the executive management body of the Association, which is composed of a president, a vice-president, a secretary, a treasurer and various department supervisors. The president is elected by the list of candidates nominated by the members. The vice-president, the secretary, the treasurer, and the supervisors are appointed by the president. The Board decides on the planning and execution of daily activities of the Association. All board of directors shall serve for a two year term. The president may be re-elected for a maximum of four consecutive terms.
President: leads and coordinates the work of the Association, chairs the General Assembly and the Board of Directors; the president must be able to speak Mandarin and at least one official language of Canada fluently.
Vice-president: assists the president to well manage various affairs of the Association. When the president is absent, s/he acts as the President.
Secretary: issues meeting and event notifications, keeps meeting records, and be responsible for archiving meetings and various types of information.
Treasurer: is responsible for managing the Association’s bank account, daily income and expenditure, and presents an annual financial report to the general assembly and the board.
Supervisors: appoint the volunteer members of the group they are responsible for, and organize related activities.
VI. Organizational Structure
The General Assembly is the highest authority of the Association.
- The general assembly is chaired by the president and is held once a year. The president will present a summary of activities and the treasurer will present an annual financial report.
- To deliberate proposals for amendments of the Constitution of the Association, vote to pass or reject all major proposals of the Association.
The Association sets up an independent account and implements the budget and financial account system. Finance is governed by Canadian tax laws.
- Finance Management
Establishes and improves various financial revenue and expenditure systems. The Association strictly manages finance according to the financial system, and the account is open for reviews.
- Source of Funding
- Membership fees
- Membership sponsorship and social donations
- Applies related Government Funding/sponsorship from the non-government agencies, and fees collected through certain activities organized
- Other legal revenue
- Expenses on various activities held by the Association.
- Expenses on printing internal publications and materials, and operating expenses of the website.
- Other reasonable expenses.
- No individual may conduct any political, religious or commercial activities in the name of the Association without the consent of the Board of Directors or the General Assembly.
- Other urgent affairs need to be discussed and decided by the Board of Directors.
英文全称：Greater Saint John Chinese Cultural Association
2. 会员权利：参与本会的活动; 18岁以上会员享有选举权和被选举权;提议和监督会务开展的权利。